Sunday, November 09, 2008

CBC Challenge Weekend

I joined in with a few of the challenges on the Craft by Carolyn forum and have thoroughly enjoyed making the bits and pieces. Unfortunately from now on I only have time to make things which would sell at my jewellery parties. Not to worry, great work with the organising H :)

Challenge One (Key Ring)
I would like you to make a Key Ring, this can be made with a plastic key fob bought from a crafty shop or you could alter one you have already. Or even just use layers of a cereal packet stuck together with a eyelet at the top with a hoop. YOU MUST USE A STAMPED IMAGE OR IF YOU DON'T OWN A STAMP YOU CAN USE A PRINTED IMAGE
It started out as a chip board tag similar to the one in the bottom picture. I painted it with copper acrylic paint and left it to dry. When it was dry I stamped on my image, which is just about visible in the top pic, and gave it a coat of Stickles then coated the whole thing with Glossy Accents.
Challenge Two (Christmas Card No 1)
Make a Challenge fold Christmas card. IT MUST INCLUDE ONE OF THESE WORDS ON THE FRONT MERRY GREETINGS SEASONS ALSO MUST BE A COLOURED CARD
Die cut sheet and papers are from Lilli of the Valley.
Challenge Three (Place Names)
Just what you need for the table at Christmas (PLACE NAMES) They don't need to be for CHRISTMAS they can be for any occasion. They can be any design you like but, YOU MUST MAKE AT LEAST 4
I've left these blank as I'm not 100% sure what is happening at Christmas yet.
Challenge Four (Christmas Card No 2)
Make your second Challenge Fold YOU MUST HAVE EMBOSSING ON IT ALSO IT MUST BE A COLOURED CARD
My base card is a very pale lilac, almost grey. The embossing was using my trusty Cuttlebug folders and the image is again from Lilli of the Valley.
Challenge Five (Invitation)
The next challenge is to make a Invitation. It can be for any event you like, it could be for coffee/wedding/party/Christmas dinner/New Years party. THIS MUST INCLUDE TEXTURED CARD/PAPER I have used a embossing plate for my background.
again I've used an embossing folder for the tree and the sentiment is from a SeeDee set.
Challenge Six (Notepad)
This fab challenge is one from Carolyn Now I know we often make notepads - but this one must have a closure of some kind - the more inventive the better...there will be some bonus points on offer for the most inventive.
The fastening on my note book isn't very original unfortunately, it's one of the Basic Grey magnets, which is under the flower. The papers are from The English Paper Company and were part of a prize I won last year. I only opened the pack yesterday and there are some lovely papers in there :)
Challenge Seven (Candle)
Alter a candle to put on your table at Christmas. In the past I have used rub ons which can look nice, but the world is your oyster and you can use anything. I have used silver paper, green ribbon, star tag, brad, beads.
I just love this image, we picked them up at the craft fayre last week. It's actually gold foiled on the front and I just coloured it on the back using Stickles and glitter before fastening it to a piece of acetate with sticky dots.
Challege Eight (Bookmark)
You need to make a bookmark (they are great teacher pressies) I have made a wooden one, you can make them with beads/hook or beads/ribbon or even just one made from card and laminated or modge podged.
Swarovski beads (the dark crystals are actually burgundy but it didn't photograph very well) and shoe charm are from my stash. I love making these and sell quite a few :)
Challenge Nine (Christmas Card No 3)
Make another Challenge Fold Christmas Card. IT MUST INCLUDE A CHRISTMAS TREE ALSO IT MUST BE A COLOURED CARD
I think the paper tree is cut from a piece of last years Scenic Route christmas paper. The other pieces of card have been Cuttlebugged.
And that folks is as far as I go for the time being, I will try to drop in and do some more though :)
TFL

No comments: