Saturday, December 09, 2006

A good start to the weekend

I have decided to have another try at keeping a blog. You will have to bear with me while I try to find interesting things to write about!

Today's news
Just as I was downing my first cup of coffee of the day there was a slight tap on the door. I opened the door, all bleary eyed, to the postman who had a large parcel and an arm full of letters. All but one of these letters were addressed to me. There were a couple of Christmas cards which was lovely and reminded me that I must get mine posted! Then it started getting really interesting. I opened the large envelope first (as you do) and it was my non crafty Secret Santa pressie from the Crafts by Carolyn forum, the next parcel was a couple of free books (they were Mills and Boon, but hey, they were free!) The next 2 letters were from Origin Publishing to say that I was a runner up in the Medallion Stamp and Little Rascals competition, and the second was from the same people to say that I was a runner up in the Letraset competition and I will receive £25 worth of goodies for each comp!!! I then opened the next envelope and it was my Quick Cards Made Easy magazine so not only did I get the good news of the comp, I got to see my name in print at the same time. Yey. The card above is the Little Rascals one. I can't find the other one yet but will post it when I do.
I also received the last of the tags from our forum swap. It is my first time hosting a swap and I have spent the evening with tags all over the living room floor. They are now in the (hopefully) right envelopes and are ready to put into the post tomorrow.

No comments: