Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

I hope you have all had a good Christmas and Santa was kind to you. I was spoilt as usual but my only crafty prezzie, apart from my Secret Santa which I will photograph tomorrow and add to my blog, was a Fiskar's trimmer.

Today has been my dad's birthday and we all gathered at their house as we usually do on Boxing Day. Mum puts on a huge buffet (then we all end up taking stuff home :)) We took the chocolate fountain over this year and my neice's little boy who is 4 (it doesn't make me sound as old as if I put Great Nephew lol) thought it was wonderful and just stood licking chocolate of his 'stick'.....we couldn't persuade him to have anything to dip!

I had to get up early this morning to make dad's birthday cards as I just ran out of time in the run up to Christmas! So here are they.....

The photo is of my dad at 6 months and the ribbon is Flower of Scotland tartan. The card is from my stash.


This one was so quick and simple but I like it. The wording on the front was printed in word. I added the brads and mounted the panel onto blue paper and silver mirror card.....and that was that :)

I made mum a necklace and bracelet set for her birthday last year but didn't make her earrings to go with it (I thought I had) and she mentioned yesterday that she wasn't sure which ones went with it so I sat last night while I was watching Strictly and made these.........but that wasn't before I knocked my tidy tray off the side...and it just so happened to be full of gold seed beads!!


I forgot to pick them up this morning so they were still on my desk when we got back!

Have a wonderful 'rest of holiday'.
Take care

No comments: