Friday, November 16, 2007

And another

I think I am actually getting to grips with this Christmas card lark (sorry Kathy ;)) and also can't believe that I have done the new DCM Dare already. The brief this week is set by Keryn and here is her challenge

Going back over my cards I seem to have a liking for gold as an accent colour. So this week I'd like you to make a card for any season or occasion but must include gold somewhere. It could be a brad, metallic card, heat embossing, ribbon, anything at all as long as it's gold.
I think this one fits the bill :)

I adore this stamp, it really looks fab in any colour scheme. Here I have stamped him onto white textured card, coloured him in turquoise and gold and mounted him onto a piece of gold holographic card. I then did the same again onto shrink plastic and fastened him onto the greeting with a gold star brad. The backing paper called My North Star by Blue Cardigans Designs. Not sure where I got it, it may be an old SA Kit but I think it is lovely.

Now for the exciting bit. I have 57 cards to put inserts in and pack up....................I may be a while.

Thanks for visiting.

21 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh its so beuatiful. Love the snowmen.

Andrea, said...

fab card, I love how you have added the shrink plastic snowman.

Lythan said...

That paper has featured in an SA kit in the past. The snowman looks so cute as a shrinkie. It is a wonderful card

stamp and scrape said...

The shrink plastic snowman is a magic touch. Love the holographic paper too.
Ros

Monty's Mum said...

cute snowmen!

ink'n'rubba said...

He is a cute snowman, and the little teeny tiny one too!

Glitter Monkey said...

This is a gorgeous snowman! I love the little accent one too. Lol x

My Paper World said...

Very cute! I love that snowman stamp!

Louly said...

What a cute little snowman, the card looks fab! Good luck with all your card packaging - my least favourite job!

Jane's Crafty Creations said...

Awww cute.

Gail said...

That snowman is so sweet, I could eat him!

All Pink girl said...

Fab card love the cute snowman stamp ,Dawnx

Rhi said...

Adorable Jackie, thanks for sharing :)

Susan (Sue H) said...

Aww I love this little snowman, in fact I’ve just brought the stamp myself.

Great card and the little shrink plastic snowman is sooo cute.

Frog said...

Lovely card Jackie.

Andrea xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Really cute - love the little Snowman Shrinkie!

Samm said...

This is cute!!! love the little snowman!

Samm
x

Gillian :O) said...

Oh this is so cute Jackie, I love the little 'shrinkie snowman' fantastic finishing touch!

Paula said...

Real cute card, love it.

Kathy said...

Lovely card - the snowman is so cute - and the diddy one looks fab

Juliet said...

Lovely card - cute snowmen!