Monday, August 02, 2010

Birthday card

This card has been commissioned by one of hubby's collegues for her mum in law and my brief was.......something flowery!! lol but it had to be 8" x 8". My mum bought the House Mouse decoupage sheets ages ago from Create and Craft (I think) and decided to share them with me as there were so many (she bought two packs) Decoupage isn't something I do very often, I used to make loads especially when the Morehead sheets cam out but I don't think I've made a decoupage card for a couple of years now. Now I know why....what possesses the artists to put so many tiny bits on the sheets? It took ages to cut out and I chucked the really tiny bits in the bin lol I still got three good layers on it though and am pleased with the end result.

The lilac floral paper was a freebie from a magazine but I don't know which one as it was just in a drawer on it's own.
Image - House Mouse (also available from Joanna Sheen)
White DP - Stampin Up...I think it's the bride one
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
Flowers- Prima and punched
MS punches
Ribbons - Ribbon Oasis
Gems - my stash

Thanks for looking xx

No comments: