Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who dares wins!!

Sorry about the pun but it's that time of the week again............challenge day on Daring Cardmakers blog. It's Jo's challenge this week and here is what she is looking for "I seem to like butterflies at the mo. This week therefore I would like you to put some butterflies on cards. Stitched, felt, shiny, bright, plain, paper pieced, stamped, drawn... you get the idea :) any theme of card but it must have a butterfly somewhere on the card!"

My butterflies are punched layers. The bottom layer is brown and is stuck flat onto the card and as you can see, the top layer is pink. These are just glued in the middle so I could lift the wings. The flower is Cuttlebug fastened together with a Doodlebug sugar coated brad (I just love these), the ribbon is from my PIF from Jennifer to which I have added a Papermania rub on. I'm not sure what the spotty paper is as just had an L shaped piece in my 'bit' box...............enough for 2 cards and a small piece left over. I love the pretty coloured dots on it :)

My second card is for Di Hickman's template challenge this week..........that lady is just brilliant. I don't get much time to do challenges lately but I do try to do the DCM one and Di's. Here is the templateand this is mine :)

Notice the similarities? I cut too many butterflies then decided that I liked the card, so made this lol. Ingredients as before (obviously, duh!) but without the rub on as I'm not sure what occasion to use it for yet. I have a man's card to make and an idea for it using this template but will try to do that tomorrow.

And I've got another award from my blogging bud, Jo, thank you so much and thanks too for the help with the signature too. I'm cool now like everyone else LOL.

Right, back to finish my PIFs. Till next time, thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

Girlie! These are so cute! You amaze me! So many beautiful creations! I'm thinking you never sleep! TFS and have a great night! :)

Gina said...

Gorgeous cards! :O)

SueH said...

Great card and cute little butterflies!
Pink and brown have always been one of my favorite colour combinations....they work so well together.

Sandy said...

Wow this is brilliant. Gorgeous design.

Spot-On said...

great cards, love the butterflies!!! TFS!