Friday, May 09, 2008

Another dare, a sketch and er...another sketch

Well, I am more or less caught up with all the bits and pieces I need to do thanks to assorted dares, challenges and sketches etc.! So here are another three, the first one being the Daring Cardmakers
This week we have a team dare for you ....and we have been looking at Recycling once again. BUT there is a tiny twist! (you'd expect no less eh?) We want you to have a look at old shop bought greetings cards, wrapping paper or gift bags which you have received in the past and recycle any elements to make a card of your own.You could use them to make backgrounds, cut small focus pieces out, or use the flowers, ribbon and other interesting bits and pieces that are often attached to the cards.The card I used for the squares was part of the spine of a card I received about three years ago. I liked it enough to cut it off but didn't know what to do with it, thanks DCM :) Letters were cut on the Robo and the flowers are Cuttlebug.
The next one is for Di Hickman's sketch this week (which is quite good as I only did last week's yesterday!!!)


This is rugby Hamish, another one of my new stamps. He is coloured with my cheapy water colours and is just so sweet. Paper is K & Co.

My last card this time is for the Page Plans blog and is another sketch.

This is another one of my new stamps from Pixiedust and I love it. Paper is K & Co with a doodled border (!) and everything else is from my stash.

I still have two thank you and a teenager birthday cards to make (as well of millions of wedding related things :)) but I shall do those this evening and then have a blog hop, which I haven't done properly for ages. Thanks to those of you who have been kind enough to leave comments on my blog and I will be paying you a visit shortly :)

I'm now going outside to pull a few more weeds and take advantage of this glorious weather. The joys of working at home :)) Thanks for looking. xx

10 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

Jackie! These are all so amazing! Just beautiful!!! Hope you are doing well! :)

Lythan said...

What lovely cards - and you have sent me blog hopping with some of those links! The DCM one is right up my street in particular

Kathy said...

Great cards Jackie

Love the bright colours on your DCM one - the white background really sets them off well - fab LO it works really well with the stripey bits

Jo said...

Fantastic cards Jackie! Sorry I haven't visited for a while but my computer died last week!!

Judy said...

WOW you have been busy, Jackie, love the colourful DCM card!
JudyNZ

Andrea, said...

Fab cards, I love the man sat in the chair, that is a great image. Have a good weekend

SueH said...

Looks like you've been super busy Jackie. Fantastic cards.

I'm glad it's not just my that pulls cards to pieces and then has the bits sitting in a box for months on end waiting to be recycled.

Kath Stewart said...

Great card for the challenge - love the colours

Anonymous said...

A lovely set of fab cards! :)

Vanessa.

Spot-On said...

great cards, you have been busy!!!
Love your take on my sketch, that stamp is cute! TFS!