Thursday, April 04, 2013

Funky Flower Power

It's my turn to add my project to the Get Funky And Craft so I made a card using the beautiful Just For Jen download which is available from the Funky Hand web site. I've added a folded flower to the front of my card so I thought I would do a quick picture tutorial to go with it just in case anyone fancies making one :) The sketch used for the card is the new one for April from the Kathy's Waffle Sketch File challenge blog which I have used upside down....

I used a punch to punch out 16 x 2.5 cm squares in total as my flower is double layered. Fold all of the squares in half to form the triangles you see in the picture below
 The bottom row show the sequence in which the 'petals' should be folded. You also need to cut a small circle from either card or paper. As you will see, I cut mine by hand :)
 Snip the ends of the flower petals, this just makes them easier to stick together. Using a dab of wet glue, stick the first eight petals onto the circle then at this stage cut a larger part of the pointed end from the next 8 'petals and stick them over the first layer and leave to dry.
 
Pop a large gem or a brad into the centre of the flower and attach to your project.
 
 The finished article :)

Thanks for dropping by, back soon xx

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Amazing card Jackie.Great tutorial with the flower - will be trying it out soon.Fab layout.Hugs Debbie x