Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wedding Wednesday

I've had loads of work on this last couple of weeks so I apologise for not blogging on a regular basis again, it's a good job that I really love my work :) Before I post my wedding work for this month I'm going to have a moan about some of the stationery companies around at the moment.

I would like to say that if you start a wedding stationery business and you build yourself a web site, please, please, please get someone to proof read it for you or if you don't have anyone to do it then for goodness sake use a spell checker! The amount of 'companies' who, when advertising what they do write 'wedding stationAry' instead of 'stationerEry' is amazing. Hopefully you will be part of a young (or not so young) couple's wedding day which is probably the biggest task they have ever undertaken. The last thing they want is to open their stationery order to find that it's all spelt wrongly. Another big, big mistake I have seen on the front of so many hand crafted greeting cards the abbreviated spelling of YOU ARE. It is not (for example) 'YOUR having a baby', you are joining the two words together and in order to do that you need to use the apostrophe to replace the letter which you are removing so therefore the word would be  YOU'RE as you are taking out the 'A'.

Another thing which 'bugs'me is presenting shoddy work at live events such as wedding fayres. Every now and again I visit a wedding fayre just to see what the 'opposition' is up to and I've found that by talking to the people who own bridal boutiques they will tell you what colours are in fashion and what people are ordering for the next year even. It was at a small wedding fayre a couple of years ago that I was handed a little organza bag with a single sugared almond in it, it also contained a business card and a badly folded leaflet outlining their business and this....

Not a very good business advert in my opinion, but there you go, rant over :)!

So what have I been up to....
 
Further seating plans can be seen on my web site at Party Nights Creations .co.uk (all in lower case) or on my Facebook page
 
 This is such a pretty wallet. The camera hasn't picked up the glitter on it but you might be able to see it better on the next picture, I just changed the ribbon from white to navy blue to suit the couple's wedding colours. They are getting married in January next year and this pocket fits in with their snowy theme perfectly. It really is so pretty.

another hotel wedding.

Right, I'm making 83 place cards so I'm off now till tomorrow, thanks for dropping by, I would love for you to leave me a comment  :)
Thank you. x

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You are so right about people's spelling in businesses.I am very aware of correct spelling and it doesn't look very professional.Your wedding makes are beautiful dearie.Hope you've made a dent in your work load.Hugs Debbie x