Saturday, June 23, 2007

Nautical LO

Another scrapbook page for a competition on the JB forum The brief is:

we have a new competition with a FANTASTIC prize donated by the wonderful TANDA STAMPS your mission is to make a LO with the theme of SEASIDE / NAUTICAL YOU MUST INCLUDE STAMPING
and here is my page. The journalling is behind the photo.


As I have only done about a dozen pages I'm not sure if I am developing a 'style'. When making cards I know my style is definitely 'less is more' and I really like clean and simple but I'm not sure that is enough on the 12 x 12 pages! Helllllllpppppp. LOL Materials used are: freebie paper and sun from a mag, large Dovecraft pastel brad, paper ric rac from a new Crate Paper kit-Twirl, curly arrow from Revolution die supplied c/o Sue W, sand castle etc cut from sandpaper with QK dies, deck chair, beachball is a Thin Cuts die and song stamps are by Rubbadubbadoo and the postcard stamp is from an old SA kit.
Right I need to go and get dressed now as I have to go and buy card! Be back later as I have loads to do this afternoon and evening.

Well I went to buy some white 12 x 12 card as I have two exploding boxes ordered and came home £40 lighter :( I bought a pack of white card, a pack of cream card and a huge pack of all different coloured 12 x 12. Oh and I also bought a storage box for my Cuttlebug collection.

My box is like this one but the medium sized square one. I have 2 of the large 12 x 12 boxes like this and use one for papers and the other for card. I also bought myself a new XCut craft knife.
I had a quick play when I got home and did my dividers forthe 3rd part of the June project on Just Bex
OK folks so time for the next bit! The next section ties in very nicely with the diary - and is all about ACTUAL Challenges. SO get your divider done and then ........... Have a good rummage round and print out the various templates, challenge instructions etc to work from. I have sorted out my challenge section and am still to do the divider - but I have numbered them and added the numbers to the deadline date in the diary section. I have to say though - this section is looking VERY busy this end - I really need to achieve some of these challenges this weekend as they are all FAB. So remember - To get the point and be in for staying on track with the bonus 5 points you need to upload by 7pm Friday Night. AND as we only have a week or so before the end of the month - and the next project launch - I will be announcing the remainder of the binder on Sunday evening xxxxx

he he, I had a play with my new Cuttlebug die and decided to stick the flowers on here. I stamped the Rhonna Farrer Swirls in white then went over them with a white gel pen. I also outlined the flowers with white gel pen too. Quite amateurish but I like it and I enjoyed doing it too.


Here are some of the challenges in print. I've done them in date order.

Oops, I forgot to flip the photos before I uploaded them! lol

2 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

LO's look fab, I haven't been scrapping long and haven't dared to try 12x12 yet so well done to you!!

Leigh said...

lovely LO, I have never done a 12x12 either.