Friday, September 07, 2007

Wow...

.....after all the water we have endured this year, it is absolutely fantastic to have such beautiful weather. It has been shorts and gardening all week and I am just about on top of the weeding. I have a small patch outside the back door to sort (which is my target for tomorrow) then the plant catalogue comes out. I've planted loads of spring bulbs so I would like to fill the borders with shrubs, then I can just add a splash of colour with bedding plants. I'm quite pleased with the way it's looking now because I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. LOL

Yesterday I worked all day making proofs for wedding orders and got them posted. I also finished sorting out the order of service for mum and dad's 'do' and got the 'thumbs up' from the vicar conducting the service. I then printed off and made covers for the readings in church.
I made the DCM dare card this morning from this brief:
Well, the time has come for our first Christmas card dare of 2007.But as loads of you have already shown some fab Christmas cards on your blogs, we thought we'd make things a little more Daring, interesting, tricky or downright mean - depending on your point of view!
So, we'd like you to make and show a Christmas card which incorporates the following:
Some Paper Tearing
The colour Purple
AND
It has to have at least one hole somewhere in the design!
......BUT by "hole" we don't just mean the sort of hole you poke a brad through, or the holes you make for/with stitching - or even the hole you make to put an eyelet in - although you can use all those techniques too if you want.
We want you to be a bit/lot more inventive and creative than that, and we think you'll be able to come up with some wonderful ideas for making cards to fit this recipe.


I stamped the snowflake onto acetate using a white Brilliance ink pad and added some iridescent glitter. It is fastened into the 'hole' with silver wire threaded with a silver lined seed bead. The 'Merry Christmas' paper is from last years Papermania Christmas pack torn at the bottom, stuck onto purple card, then onto the white base card. I then finished it off with some purple fibres and a snowman button.

I nearly forgot to tell you that I was very naughty this morning, well I wasn't so much naughty as led astray by Dollydimple and this is what I ordered.........The Bind It All I have received an email from Craft Obsessions to say that it has been despatched! Yay!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card :)
Vanessa.

Lynne said...

Oh you have to watch that Dolly she likes to make you part with your pennies .... :)

Love your dare card - the snowflake on the acetate looks great.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous card, more snowflakes, i love them.
Thanks for the words of support.x

Samm said...

This is very pretty! love the snowflake.

Samm
x

Hazel said...

That's a lovely card. As for the bind-it-all, I'm sure I'm going to weaken soon.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, glad you've been enjoying the nice weather

Louly said...

Wow Jackie, you have been busy. I love this card.

Kathy said...

Great card Jackie, I love the snowflake in the hole.

Stash Shopping Rules Yay - have fun

Dawn Wheeler said...

lovely card looks realy pretty,Dawnxx

Juliet said...

Lovely card, really pretty.

Anne said...

Love the way you've suspended the snowflake in the "hole" and the snowman button is very cute! Great card.

Dollydimps said...

How are you getting on with your Bind it All? Hope you're having fun with it!

And I'm taking NO responsibility! :D

Anice said...

Great card..I love the way you have used the acetate. I keep looking at the bind it myself..I can feel the resolve beginning to break!!

Looby said...

Gorgeous card - love it!

Hazel said...

I've just tagged you - details on my blog