Monday, September 24, 2007

Yippeeee

So what have I been up to since Saturday? Well, I had my first appointment at 10.00 am and sold a tiara. I then went onto my mum and dad's to deliver the OoS and seating plan and they are over the moon with them! We then went on to the next appointment at 7.00 pm and they weren't in!! We drove around the block and went back and they still weren't in so we came home. It so annoys me when people do this. She has my phone details so could have rung to cancel. I know anything can happen at any time but it doesn't make it any better when it happens! Moan over :)

I spent yesterday in the garden and we are now weed free and all the daffy bulbs have been planted.
I had a leaving card to make for a collegue of DH and a very good customer of mine! They work for a railway company and this is what I came up with


I just love the little Cuttlebug train and carriage and thought it was appropriate for this card!

My next card is the DCM challenge from Friday. I got a lovely bag of lace from a charity shop a couple of weeks ago so thought I could use some on a card. There was loads in the bag and it all looks brand new and cost me the grand total of..................50p!!! So, this is their brief OK, here's this weeks dare:Let's go Charity shoppingor Op shopping (as we call it in Australia)
I DARE you to visit your local Charity Shop & make someone else's
TRASH your STASH!
.........and make a GORGEOUS card from what you find.You'll be amazed at the special little treasures you'll find if you only take the time to look with CREATIVE EYES

and this is my take on it

I can't remember where I got the foil printed card from as I found it in one of my drawers! The lilac backing card is DCWV, the 'baby' is a Sizzlit die, the lace is from my cheapo bag and the little hands are from Crafts by Carolyn

I've also started the favours for mum and dad's do today. I've done the 3 children's favours and 10 adult so far. Will show piccies when they are done. I have also made a wedding invitation sample to be posted off tomorrow.

I must clean up in the morning too, I have a couple coming to see me about a stationery order!

Take care. x


6 comments:

Andrea, said...

2 great cards, love those trains

Kathy said...

Cute cards Jackie

Aren't some people just rude? the number of times we've stayed in waiting for plumbers/builders/etc who haven't bothered to turn up - let alone the times we tidied and waited for viewers to come and see the house when we were selling - oh and once we made an appointment to view a house and when we got there no-one answered the door - and we're sure they were actually IN!

Saffa said...

OOh what a cute card! Love the lace and 50p what a bargain

Anonymous said...

Im the person Jackie made the railway card for and just want to say thanks, it was gorgeous as everything has been that shes made for me and the person it was for was really touched so thanks again Jackie and keep up the good work
Leanne xxx

My Paper World said...

Your cards are fantastic! I love it when you can make a card to suit the person, this makes them extra special!

Unknown said...

What a cutie baby card, and the trains are fab!