Monday, September 17, 2007

What a week!

I can't believe it is 10 days since I last blogged. The second week in September is always chaos in our house as DH and DD have birthdays within two days of each other. However, this is how my week went. (I hope you're sitting comfortably :))

I spent all day Monday and Tuesday making a new collection of wedding stationery as I had a wedding fayre on Tuesday evening. The photos are on hubby's camera and not mine, but they will be on the web site shortly if you want a peep. I then remembered that it was DH's birthday on Wednesday and in true crafter's style, I hadn't made his birthday cards!! So this is what I came up with. The first is from me, the second from DS and the third from DD.
This card was made using the QK Cricket set and Doodlebug rub ons.
Another QK die. This time it was the single Party Hat die.

I bought these clowns on our local market about 4 years ago and keep finding them. I think they are cute. He is mounted onto paper from the Je Taime range by My Minds Eye. I just adore this paper, it is really bright and cheerful. The second and third cards fit the peel off challenge on the JB forum so I shall add them later.
So on Tuesday evening we trundled off to the wedding fayre which was on from 6pm until 10pm. I have done loads of wedding fayre but never an evening one so didn't know what to expect. When we got there we just had a bare trestle table. All the wedding fayres I have exhibited at until now have all provided plain white table cloths for you to dress as you please. Luckily DH had a black cloth which he uses to cover all his wires etc when he is DJing. He had forgotten to take it out of the car! So I set up in my little corner. I had requested electricity but we had to unplug everyone elses to plug our extension lead in. Anyway, it was a good job I had my halogen lamps because once it got dark outside it was like the black hole of Calcutta in the marquee!! We packed up at 9pm and were home for 9.45. I've got two appointments this week from it so I don't suppose it was all bad.
Wednesday was DH's birthday, I'll bet you can't guess how old he was :) We spent the day running around trying to find mountboard for a seating plan as my usual supplier had run out of the colours I wanted. We had a BBQ in the garden for tea and it was lovely. He had chosen a Thornton's toffee and chocolate cake as his birthday cake, as I didn't have time to make him one, and it was absolutely scrummy.
On Thursday I made 2 fairy cards which were ordered from the web site. I haven't made these for ages and the order was for two the same.

I still think they are cute! The fairy's dress is cut from gold glitter card and her hair is vivelle. All the dies used are by Sizzix. A friend came for lunch so we sat in the garden and while she had her lunch I sat and cut snowflakes from glitter card, for a stationery order.
On Thursday I made DD's birthday cards

This one is a bit cheeky as I am going to say that it matches the DCM Midweek Extra from last week. This was the challenge Big & Little We'd like you to use items in pairs of Big and Little - so you need to have both sizes on your card ie big & little buttons, big & little die cuts, big & little hearts, big & little circles etc The theme of your card can be whatever you like this time, so that's nice of us, isn't it? So, I have used big and little squares!!! The big square is Spongebob 'Square' Pants and he is mounted onto 4 small squares. Sorry girls but I thought it was good. ;) DD was actually 14 on Friday but she is Spongebob mad! Is this normal? LOL

This was the card I made her from DS. Playboy is another passion (a bit more normal me thinks!!)

DS had come downstairs on Thursday teatime complaining of a pain just above his right hip. He took two paracetamol and went to bed. The pain was still there on Friday morning when he got up so his dad took him to the doctor's. (he is almost 19, by the way) The doc took one look at him and admitted him to hospital, query appendicitis!! I packed him an overnight bag and they picked me up on the way to hospital where he was examined and put on a saline drip as he was nil by mouth in case he needed surgery. We finally left him at 9.30 pm, still in pain. Meanwhile poor DD had to make do with a Chinese take away with her big sis and two pals! We were supposed to be going out for Chinese! I rang the ward at 9.15 on Saturday and by this time they put him back on fluid but were keeping him under obs until tea time. Both DDs went to see him at lunch time and his dad went about 2pm and rang me to say that he could come home. I was just finishing a seating plan before we went to see him! Oh and I had made 72 lottery envelope favours and 7 table names on Friday too.

Here is the plan I delivered at a wedding fayre yesterday. The bride to be was really pleased with it.I was tagged by Hazel on Friday too. I'm so sorry Hazel, I promise I haven't forgotten and will do it tomorrow.

So we are now back up to date. Today I have printed 53 OoS and made beaded dragonflies to put on them. I posted the favour order from Friday and the phone hasn't stopped all day. I have people coming to see me tomorrow about an order so I really need to tidy my craft room. Oh and I am pooped so am off to bed.

And I would also like to say that if you have stuck with me this far, well done!!

Night night. xx


Hazel said...

Wow! as you say, what a week! Sorry to hear about your son - how is he now? Don't worry about the tag. You've been busy crafting, including the fab birthday cards - yes, the cards for those nearest and dearest are always the last to do!

Andrea said...

great cards, love them all but especially the bridesmaid one.

Anice said...

You've had quiet a week! I have to say I did enjoy reading what happened.. nice to see that someone else has things happening all the time. I don't feel so alone now!!! I hope this week is a little more sane for you. x