Saturday, September 01, 2007

I'm sorry.....

.... that I haven't been around for a couple of days but I have been working my little (oh ok then, big) butt off. I have several wedding orders in as well as my parents' golden wedding anniversary and individual card orders. I even turned an order down the other night because I just knew I wouldn't be able to fulfil it in the alloted time period! I haven't had time to take part in any challenges for a few days, but I have found a card I made for a challenge on the Just Bex forum and forgot to post!

This was Nicky's instruction
Your challenge is to make a card featuring a slide mount - any colour, any size, decorated in any way you wish. (If you don't have any ready-made slide mounts, you could always cut your own from card or chipboard.)
and here is what I came up with

Backing paper is from the Making Memories 'Kate' pad, the slide mount is cut from pink pearlescent card, the candles are cut using a small punch, the greeting is printed using the pc, the small butterfly gem was a freebie on the front of a magazine last month and the ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis.

I will try to get the DCM dare done tonight, but I'm not promising. I have just finished typing in 8 pages of OoS for my parents "do" so I'm going in the garden for an hour as it is gorgeous outside.

2 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card Jackie, love what you did with the slide mount!!

Congrats on all the wedding orders :)

Dollydimps said...

What a great idea for the slide mount! Just been catching up on your blog, and still loving your work!