Saturday, September 01, 2007

I'm sorry.....

.... that I haven't been around for a couple of days but I have been working my little (oh ok then, big) butt off. I have several wedding orders in as well as my parents' golden wedding anniversary and individual card orders. I even turned an order down the other night because I just knew I wouldn't be able to fulfil it in the alloted time period! I haven't had time to take part in any challenges for a few days, but I have found a card I made for a challenge on the Just Bex forum and forgot to post!

This was Nicky's instruction
Your challenge is to make a card featuring a slide mount - any colour, any size, decorated in any way you wish. (If you don't have any ready-made slide mounts, you could always cut your own from card or chipboard.)
and here is what I came up with

Backing paper is from the Making Memories 'Kate' pad, the slide mount is cut from pink pearlescent card, the candles are cut using a small punch, the greeting is printed using the pc, the small butterfly gem was a freebie on the front of a magazine last month and the ribbon is from Ribbon Oasis.

I will try to get the DCM dare done tonight, but I'm not promising. I have just finished typing in 8 pages of OoS for my parents "do" so I'm going in the garden for an hour as it is gorgeous outside.


mum on the run said...

Great card Jackie, love what you did with the slide mount!!

Congrats on all the wedding orders :)

Dollydimps said...

What a great idea for the slide mount! Just been catching up on your blog, and still loving your work!