Thursday, October 29, 2009

As seen on TV

I know I said that I would be back at the weekend but I have been so busy, my life seems to be passing me by in a blur!

I was so chuffed to see my designs on TV again and managed to tape the re-run of the show on Friday evening. All the projects (apart from the very last one) were made using papers and images from Debbi Moore's Glitter and Glitz Art Deco Magic Moments cd

My little book mark....all I did for this one was print one of the images from the cd, mount it onto silver mirror card and laminate it. All it needed then was a punched hole in the bottom to thread the fibres through.

I love this card! The image was printed off at A4 and glittered (with Deb's fine glitter) to within an inch of her life........all the fronds down her skirt, dress straps, arm band and feathers all got it LOL I mounted her onto silver mirror card and added assorted clear diamantes, silver Card Candy from Craftwork Cards, QK flourishes, Prima flowers and ribbon from Ribbon Oasis

I love this note book and plan to make some as stocking fillers. I used MS Word to print the image onto the pages as a watermark and bound the whole lot together with my BIA.



This image was printed onto photo paper and the background was printed directly onto magnetic paper, both from Photo Paper Direct I have been absolutely blown away by the magnetic paper and will definitely be incorporating it into my work some more. It prints perfectly and I stamped straight onto it using a Memento ink pad. I also coloured my image using Promarkers as you will see below. The colours didn't blend quite as well as they do on card but the colouring was fine. My next task is to try them with Prisma pencils.....watch this space! The calendars are from Papermania.



I don't know if you can make this image out properly but it is actually a pyramage card. I had never made one of these until I got this cd and I ended up making two :) The pyramage 'tiles' were printed onto photo paper, (which is the perfect weight for this sort of work) again from PPD and cut by hand. The aperture was cut with my Nesties and ribbon and gems were from my stash.


Finally onto my groovy little fridge magnet. I used a stamp from a new set of ladies which don't appear to be up on Deb's web site yet. As I mentioned before, I stamped directly onto the magnetic paper and coloured the image with Promarkers. The sentiment is from another one of Debbi's stamp sets - The Deco Ladies

I also received some t shirt transfer paper in my pack and had the wonderful idea of printing one of the lady images onto it and ironing it onto a canvas to embellish......not one of my better ideas, howver and I now have a ruined canvas LOL I'm not sure if a bit of steam escaped from the iron or I moved it or didn't press hard enough with the iron but no matter, it didn't work. I haven't been put off though and it is still on my to do list to master it :)

That's it for now, thanks for looking.

No comments: