Saturday, December 08, 2012

Sunny Saturday

I can never think of a catchy title when writing a blog post. I look at other blogs and wonder why I can't come up with anything funny, maybe one day LOL

My card today was totally out of my comfort zone but I got the skater stamp free on the front of a mag, I think it was Papercraft Essentials, but as soon as I saw it I saw three of them skating on a pond.

I stamped the skater on the left then the middle one, I then made a mask and used it on the middle skater when I stamped the third one so it looked as though he was in front of the second......does that sound English? The skaters were coloured with Promarkers (I did try Spectrum Noirs but one of them 'blobbed' on my image and I had to throw my piece away and start again). I stamped onto Blink of an Eye by MME, a piece of Prima Botanical paper and a piece of Snowed in Winter papers by MME and used the cut outs to paper piece a couple of the skaters. Everything else was cut out with Cuttlebug dies and set onto mirror card and glitter card.

I hope you like it.

A couple of weeks ago hubby went to buy me some baubles so I could make some beaded bauble covers for my craft fayre and saw these
I think they are just fab and they definitely appealed to my sense of humour lol

I shall be adding my card to the a Card a Day blog and Facebook page. 

So now I've done some ironing, I've got my blog up to date and I have my new Kanban kit sat on the floor staring up at me longingly, asking me to open it but I need to upload a load of stuff I've got for sale.....what shall I do?

Back soon, have a nice weekend. x

3 comments:

Kathy said...

That is just adorable! And I really feeeeeel the sentiment of those baubles right now!

Hazel said...

Like the way you've used the skating stamp - great card x

Jo Austin said...

Great card Jackie - love the way you've done the skaters... great idea.

Love those baubles... lol.