Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hide and Seek

The Daring Cardmaker's dare from last Friday is set by Jozza and she says 'This week the dare is hide and seek. I would like to see a hidden message or element on your cards. For a double dare include both! I tend to make very straightforward cards as a rule so this was a challenge for me but I have to say there are some great tutorials out there if you are stuck for ideas.'

I've been looking at this off cut of paper by Imagination for months now and wondering what I could use it for (I can't remember what I used the first half for :)) but in a sudden flash of inspiration I thought of the DCM dare. I decided to cut the flowers out rather than just use it as a flat piece of paper. The flowers were bunched together in colour groups and took blooming ages cutting them all out. The little white flowers were from an off cut of K & Co borders and the butterfly is from the remains of a pack from Crafty Bitz. The greeting on the tag is a SeeDee stamp from an anniversary set.
These are a few bits I made for a shop in town where I advertise my wedding stationery. They had to go this morning and I finally finished them at 1.30 this morning. They change the colour of the window display once a month and this month it's teal.
Now I'm back to the place cards.............9 down, 63 to go :)
BFN

5 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous card I love all the lovely colours of the flowers and how creative your hidden message is!
As for your wedding stationery/favours they are stunning!!

Juliexx

Kathy said...

That card is fab, Jackie, the hidden message looks great among the flowers.
All those teal and white wotsits look fantastic, it's a gorgeous colour combo

LOUISE said...

Love your card Jackie, love the hidden message, I would never have guessed where it was. Love all the flowers. Louise x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabby! :) Love the message behind all those gorgeous flowers.

Vanessa.

Creative Treasures said...

Jackie your card looks great with the hidden message. I love all the flowers, good luck with the rest of the place cards.

Tracy
x