Sunday, April 12, 2009

Back again...

...this time with the card I made for the sketch on Di Hickman's blog last week. I do like Di's sketches but often have to miss out (as with other challenges) when work gets the better of me!


I love using acetate on my cards and don't use it nearly enough so I took the chance with this card. I went looking for a quote or something to use as the feature on the sketch and came across my little DCWV Quote Stack which is starting to look a bit forlorn LOL I cut the front off my card leaving a border of approimately 1cm as I like to attach the acetate to it on the inside so once I've added a paper frill there is not tape showing. The ribbons were from my stash, vellum is by Papermania and is glitter embossed (and absolutely beautiful) the acetate and vellum were punched using my newest MS punch which arrived yesterday :), the flowers were from Crafts U Love and the self adhesive pearls were from my stash. I decided not to add a sentiment to the card so it can be used for any occasion.

2 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Well you have been busy today! I can't keep up with all your gorgeous creations! I wish you would send some inspiration my way lol! I love all your cards but this acetate card is my favourite so delicate looking, Beautiful work.

Juliexx

Spot-On said...

Oooh great card, love the clear background! Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining in!