Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wednesdays efforts

What a grotty day! It has snowed almost all day but very lightly. We did have a light covering but it has disappeared now, but it has been really grey all day. My poor little daffodil is still standing but it hasn't opened yet (I can't say I blame it!)
I managed a couple of cards yesterday. Hubby is dj'ing at a golden wedding anniversary tonight so this card is for him to give to the couple.


Papers are K & Co, flower is gold mirri card cut with a Cuttlebug die and finished with a diamante. This is the only time I ever use C6 cards as I find them too small and because of the size I find that you can't charge accordingly.

The next card is also for DH as he is doing a wedding on Saturday

This card is actually white but it looks a pale lilac to me. The mat for the images it lilac pearlescent. The images are just stamped on a piece of white card which has been inked with silver ink. I finished it off with a couple of diamante hearts and a piece of white 3mm ribbon from Ribbon Oasis


My third card was the result of playing with the new Marie Curie daffodil stamp from Docrafts.

I don't know what's happened to this one, the colours are awful. I scanned the card as I usually do but this one is horrid!! The stamp has actually been stamped onto a very pale ivory card and mounted onto a very vivid yellow card, the base card is white linen and the Paper Frill from Doodlebug is actually yellow! Strange............ I shall try photographing it in a bit and see if that makes any difference. I'm also going to see if I can follow DI Hickman's tutorial on how to make a copyright brush for your cards etc.

I will be back in while, hopefully with a better picture! Thanks for looking.



No comments: