Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What a day!!

What makes insignificant little geeks sit in their lonely abodes and spend the days writing viruses? I picked one up, on my lap top, this afternoon and my poor son has been sat for nine hours so far trying to sort it all out for me!

I was having a mooch around the internet this afternoon trying to look for wedding stationery colour trends for  and all of a sudden my lap top went stupid. However, the virus showed itself as a system checker and it was only when I couldn't get rid of it by running task manager and shut down that I realised something was wrong.

I'm up to my eyes in stationery orders at the mo and have the first in a series of wedding fayres starting on Thursday evening and am having to redesign my invitation album all at the same time, so this I can definitely live without, you little grot!!

Of course it goes without saying that I haven't backed up any files and both my C and D drives appear to have been trashed :( Luckily though, hubby did my accounts for me at the end of October and he still has a copy on his machine and when we had my old lap top fixed just before Christmas I never wiped any of the files off it so it is still how it was on the day I knocked it off the arm of the settee and DD2 hasn't wiped anything from it either. DS appears to have managed to save my Party Nights folder which has all of my wedding work, photos etc in it so I think I should be ok once he can sort it for me. He is busy clearing everything off it now ready to reinstall Windows in the morning. I shall make do with working on this one until after Friday and then start sorting out my folders etc.
....and after all that it hasn't worked :( He has run spyware, malaware, and heaven knows what other 'aware and is no further forward than he was when he started. The newest report is that the files appear to be hiding behind whatever the virus has dumped onto my machine. It looks as though it might have to go into the poorly lap top hospital which isn't good really as I have three wedding orders on the go and the files are on that machine.

I think I might just go and sit in a corner, bury my head in my hands and cry *sob*

Anyway, I did manage a couple of quick challenges this morning

These stamps are from the same Seedee set I used the other day for the dress card I made. I don't know what any of the papers are today as they are all from my pink snippet file. The gems, button and ribbon are all from my stock. The challenges I'm entering the card into are as follows
Pollycraft - Warm It Up (as in teapot ;))

DCM - Kitchenalia

Colour Create - pink, green and a handmade flower

Secret Crafter - food and drink

Passion For Promarkers- recycle (the ribbon on the flower is from a blouse)

Delightful Challenges - distress / vintage


Thanks for looking, see you tomorrow :)

10 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

coops said...

gorgeous card jackie.i love your beautiful soft colours and the vintage lady is fab :D
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Franz♥ said...

So fine and Elegant, love the style!

Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week.

Hugs, Franz.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackie, what an awful thing to happen. I will never understand why they do this or what they get out of it!! I picked up virus a couple of months ago and in the end I had to put my laptop back to factory settings. Hope you get it sorted soon.

On a nicer note, your card is so beautiful! I love that stamp set!
xxx

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this is so sweet! Thank you for playing along with Digital Delights Delightful Challenge!

Chriss

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful classic card x
Thanks for playing along with us at colour create & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xox

Kathy said...

What a nightmare with the pc problems, Jackie I hope by now you've got it all fixed. I think msybe we could come up with a really good alternative to prison/fines for the scum who find pleasure in sending out these viruses!

Rant over - Your card is fab and absolutely perfect for The Daring Cardmakers'"Kitchenalia!" challenge this week

Laura said...

Hi Jackie, I have added myself as a follower. Your blog is beautiful! Love your cards xx

Ali said...

Oh man, that sucks. I really hope your computer can be fixed and the files salvaged. ((hugs))

Sharon said...

Lovely vintage card Jackie! Hope your computer troubles are over too :)

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Pink and Green Challenge.

Sharon x