Sunday, March 29, 2009

Swirls and waves!

Sketch #6 from Kathy's Waffle Sketch File and I think I'm just about caught up with these! I may just have to back track through them though just to make sure ;)

Not sure what the brown paper is but I edged it with my new Doily edge punch by Martha Stewart. The large flower is cut from a piece of Shabby Chic paper by Junkitz. I had to tuck the large flower behind the paper as it was a piece in my scrap box and those petals were on an edge and therefore missing! ;) The other paper flowers are Papermania with a Doodlebug Sugared brad in the centre. The swirl is from my flourish set by Rhonna Farrer.
My flaming lap top has been driving me mad of late as it didn't seem to want to do much (bit like the kids really LOL) and it turned out that I needed to download Service pack One.........what a palava, it has taken almost all afternoon to download and install and I haven't been able to do anything on it. I did spend a nice hour out in the sunshine though weeding a flower bed just outside the back door.

On Friday evening we went to see Simply Red at Sheffield Arena and they were brilliant, in Fact I think they were even better than when we saw them at the O2 Arena in December! I first saw them at Sheffield Arena in 1996 and have seen them a total of seven times :)

I hope you managed to enjoy some sunshine wherever you are. Take care and thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Beryl said...

Fabulous card and a brilliant idea to hide the edge of the damaged flower. Waste not want not I my maxim too. Lucky you to get to see Simply Red. Glad you enjoyed it.
Beryl xx

Kathy said...

Oh I love your card - especially the way the big flower is tucked under the frilly edge. That punch looks fabulous, Jackie - I think it's your turn to be the temptress!

Lucky you to see Simply Red sounds like you had agreat time